Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Is it too late for Fried Green Tomatoes?

 Week 18 - lettuce and beet greens, squash eggplant and pepper medley,
green tomatoes and cherry tomatoes and flat green beans,
and edamame

green heirloom tomatoes  - so pretty

 a little slicing, a little batter and - tada -
 fried grren tomatoes and okra


It's probably too late to enjoy fried green tomatoes from our share but if you get the chance you have to try them. They are delicious - sweet, juicy, crunchy  -I don't know why I have waited so long to try them. I used a recipe from online (googled from simply recipes) and it was super easy. The hit was the sauce they suggested for dipping - a remoulade sauce. Super good - with a bite - a great compliment. I hope you get the chance to enjoy them yet this fall. I also threw in a few okra. Will definitely repeat!


I never get tired of this  container of goodies. I love the small eggplant and patty pan squash and the different varieties of peppers. Will miss you when you're gone!
Only four weeks left!


No comments: